We will post how to apply for Press Passes for Raleigh Supercon in 2019.
These passes are being made available upon request for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines etc. Hyperlocal publications and alternative newspapers will be considered based on the same criteria as the Internet press.
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
(C) DIGITAL MEDIA: In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria. You will not get a reply if you fail to reference these points in your email request.
- You must have a website that posts content weekly.
- You must have at least 2 verifiable social media pages for that website, such as Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, etc.
- One of your social platforms must have more than 30,000 followers.
- Internet press is limited to 1 pass unless you agree to post about Raleigh Supercon before the event with a link to our website. If you agree to run pre-press, you can have up to 2 passes.
(D) NATIONAL MEDIA: Nationally syndicated radio, tv, or print publications that are not local to Raleigh, NC must meet the Digital Media criteria in order to obtain press passes.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. If you are looking to interview any guests at the show for your website, please contact email@example.com in advance. Please note it will be VERY hard to set up interviews on the fly at the show.
The number of passes are decided on a case to case basis at the discretion of RALEIGH SUPERCON.
If you are granted a press pass, we ask (if possible) that you do a piece/share information regarding RALEIGH SUPERCON before the event itself.
Press Credentials are granted with the understanding that Supercon is a fan show that appreciates its attendees and guests. We ask that press don’t mock attendees or guests or use the show as a source for derisive humor.
Many of our celebrities have agreements to do advanced interviews with press, but very few have agreed to conduct interviews on site.
We will work with you to help secure possible advance information and potential interview opportunities with RALEIGH SUPERCON staff and/or guests. You will also be added to the mailing list for any related press releases.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRESS PASSES:
NOTE: Your press pass is not approved unless you receive a confirmation email from RALEIGH SUPERCON. Do not “assume” it is approved and just show up. ALL approved press are sent confirmations in advance.
To apply for press credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info
(1) First and last name
(3) Telephone Number (with area code)
(4) Email Address
(6) Number of Requested Passes
(7) Anything else we need to know about your publication such as # of social media followers
(8) Show you are applying for a Press Pass at. (ie: Raleigh Supercon 2018)
Please be specific. Include other names for your requested press passes.
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com